LightBox Africa is currently seeking a talented Creative Director whose primary role will be to develop well thought out creative approaches/concepts that will be used as basis for in-house productions as well as external projects as per the client’s wish list.
He or She will work closely with members of the creative department ensuring that the team delivers on the audio visual & written aspects of a project.
- Develop concepts for short films, feature films, TV series, documentaries, advertising or promotional campaigns
- Translate client briefs into creative ideas
- Pitch ideas to clients or present to directors & team members in-house
- Negotiate with clients to amend ideas in line with their wishes and explain what is and is not possible
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
- Ensure all the organization’s or client’s visuals are consistent with the overall idea or written scripts
- Oversee the production process from pre-production to post-production.
- Sign off projects before they are presented to the client
- Creativity skills: Must be good at creating concepts for others to work on.
- Communication and presentation skills: Need to have excellent communication (written and verbal) and confident presentation skills in order to pitch ideas to clients or directors and also explain their ideas to members of their creative team.
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent interpersonal skills are a must, needing a clear creative vision while remaining open to others’ ideas.
- Leadership skills: As a creative director leadership skills are key in order to hire, develop and oversee the creative team.
- Filmmaking skills: Extensive familiarity with film-making techniques is very key.
- Has a keen eye for detail, passion, Integrity and Energy.
- Directing and or screenwriting skills are an advantage
Qualifications: Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- A Diploma/undergraduate degree in Film or media related Studies
- Between four to five years working as a Writer/Director/Creative director in a Production house
Send your CV with a link to your show reel to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31.08.2017