Job position: Senior Finance Officer
Job Purpose Summary:
The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for leading all financial management activities, maintaining financial and accounting policies in order to support the company’s operations. He/she will ensure that commercially-focused information is provided to the management team and aids in timely and sound business decisions.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Financial Reporting: Manage the organization’s reporting ensuring compliance of legal and policy requirements.
- Monitor Financial Performance: Analyze financial performance against prior years’ sales providing business solutions to mitigate the risks.
- Advice management on progress of achieving yearly financial targets; Profit margins.
- Monitor Financial cost: Create, analyze and interpret company budgets.
- Forecasting: advising management on the organization’s performance trend for decision making purposes.
- Measure Return on investment: Monitor gross profit as well as return on capital.
- Advise management on viable investment opportunities to increase profits.
- Financial Management Reports: Ensuring all books of accounts are accurately prepared and reports compiled and presented on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and on annual basis. This includes; statement of financial position, statement of comprehensive Income, Statement of Cash flows and bank reconciliations among others.
- Ensure invoicing and debt collection is done proactively.
- Cash flow monitoring and management within the organization.
- Proper record keeping and ensure all the documentation is audit ready.
- Ensure accurate preparation and filing of all tax obligations as and when they fall due.
- Manage payroll processing.
- Issue and monitor petty cash usage to ensure minimum float is always maintained.
- Ensure timely processing of supplier payments, negotiating best terms of payment.
Qualifications & Skills
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting and a CPA (K) required.
3+ years of experience in similar position; experience with operations preferred.
Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
Demonstrated capacity to manage the performance of junior staff and create development opportunities for their professional advancement.
Experience using financial management software i.e. QuickBooks, Sage, Pastel, preparing financial statements, and managing tax preparation and submission.
Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills.
Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
How to Apply
If you wish to start an exciting career opportunity in a media production company and are up to the task, kindly send a detailed resume with three referees, current e-mail address and telephone contacts indicating the job title on the subject line to email@example.com to reach us not later than 17th March, 2017 by close of business 5:00pm. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.